Thursday 5 January 2012

And so it continues.......

Today we hit the slopes in andalo, we ski'd hard and I'm confident in saying that we pretty much ski'd everything they have to offer except the black. There is only one token ski run and my wife was very aware of where it was and after approaching it from about 3 different ways she still wasn't fooled. Jodie has made a remarkable progression with her skiing ability. When I think back to her first run in France last week to skiing with her today, she really has done very well. Whilst on the subject of my wife, yes I found her purse. I haven't had any thanks lord praise for finding it, nor have i had any recognition for hiding it so well and neglecting to remember that I'd even had it. I also haven't received any praise for hiding the passports so well and remembering where I had hid them!
So wifey, when you read this back; don't worry about the good things, just recollect the one oversight on my part. I don't see what the problem is anyway, you've got it back x (remember I also repo'd your boots too! x)

Our time in Italy is drawing to a close, although it isn't my first time in italy, the bubble has burst and the rose tinted view I had is most defnitely gone.
I wouldn't return here, the skiing is not on par with France or Austria. They ski like they drive and the very limited Italian I speak has led me to draw the conclusion that they're full of s**t. Maybe I expect too much?

Why do I say this, well...

One can grow very tired of them letting doors go when you're walking behind them, constantly pushing infront at queues, when you talk to someone at a bar as soon as they realise youre English you get the feeling they've ramped the price up and then told the guy next to you so they both chuckle. The men use the women's toilet if there's a queue and finally, we noticed as we drove in from France practically every layby was covered in rubbish. So much so that it was as if the dustmen had been on strike and so people chucked their rubbish in laybys, only, no-one told the dustmen once they'd finished striking. I just feel that they come across with a holier than though attitude, when this isn't the case. If it was Italy, you wouldn't be nearly bankrupt would you?

Next stop Austria. Our next resort is St. Anton am Arlberg. We leave in the morning and I can't wait. 3 days in this resort is plenty.

Enough ranting from me, I hope you're all well and we look forward to seeing you soon.

One last thing why is all of their music our music? And every film, an English/american film dubbed over in itallian. 10/10 for originality.

J&S

1 comment: